Cryogenic Treatment of Firearms and Gun Barrels
Cryogenic Treatment Relieves Stresses
Every gun barrel produced today is bored and machined which causes stress in the microstructure of the metal. Guns are created from forgings and castings that cool at different rates, inducing residual stress. Your gun may shoot well, but it is not shooting to its potential until it has been cryo treated.
Cryo Treatment Process
Cryogenic barrel treatment utilizes liquid nitrogen to bring the temperature of the gun barrel down to -300°F. The gun barrel is kept at this level for 24 hours to relieve residual stresses created during manufacturing. Cryogenic treatment is a one-time, permanent process. The improvement lasts the entire life of the gun or rifle.
Several shotgun manufacturers have incorporated cryo treatment in their manufacturing processes. They found that the shot groupings of non-treated guns shifted as much as 10″ to 12″. After the same gun was cryogenically treated, the groupings shifted less than 1″ (.075″). Therefore, accuracy is always dramatically improved after cryogenic treatment. (See BenelliUSA for more info)
Maximize Performance With Cryogenics
When fired, a gun barrel heats up and distorts or warps every time the trigger is pulled. This distortion results lost accuracy.
By cryogenically treating the gun barrel, you will see immediate results:
- Increased wear resistance for easier cleaning
- Reduced friction, heat and wear for an improved barrel life
- Improved shot groupings resulting in improved accuracy
- Increased velocity of about 50-60 feet per second
Recently, Nitrofreeze cryogenically treated 19 Remington 700 Light Tactical Rifles for the Maine State Police for improved accuracy in hostage situations.
- Handgun barrels: $35.00
- Rifle and Shotgun barrels: $50.00
- Double (O/U, SxS)* Shotgun barrels: $65.00
- .50 Cal. extra heavy bull barrels: $75.00
- Receiver: $10.00
- 3 Choke tubes: $10.00
- *Older O/U and SxS shotguns with soft-soldered barrels should not be subject to this process.
Shipping not included.
Massachusetts Residents: add 6.25% Sales tax to all purchases.